Customer Success Technical Consultant
(Full Time, Customer Success, Burlington, MA, USA)
The way the world builds software is changing. Today’s successful digital enterprises employ new tools and workflows to allow them to deliver better software faster, even if they’re not in the business of software. In this position, you’ll have the opportunity to turn your creativity into market-leading solutions that give XebiaLabs customers the ability to do what they do: launch satellites, fly airplanes, power millions of homes, manage billions in assets, and much more.
The Customer Success team plays a vital role not only with regard to revenue retention, but also with XebiaLabs’ reputation in the marketplace. We’re the frontline evangelists and trusted advisors to our customers. A job at XebiaLabs comes with a simple promise: you will touch more technology in a year, in the hottest space in IT, than you would at any traditional IT role. Are you up for the challenge?
To grow our customer success team, we are looking for an experienced Technical Consultant to work together with a team of project managers and customer success managers. As a technically adept, collaborative professional, you’ll work with other members of the customer success team to address the technical needs of new and existing customers. Your focus will be on the market-leading DevOps portfolio of XebiaLabs solutions. You’ll serve as a counselor and adviser to customers and a technical coach to co-workers, providing advice and guidance throughout the customer journey. The customer success team is instrumental to XebiaLabs’ future growth.
Our Ideal Candidate
You’re technically proficient and have the patience and passion to guide customers and stakeholders through all the capabilities of our products and solutions. You’re willing to listen, ask the right questions, and take the time to provide deep explanations and find solutions where needed. You find a collaborative work environment rewarding yet are equally adept at and content working independently.
- An ability to rapidly understand and translate clients’ business challenges and concerns into a solution-oriented discussion
- Persuasive communication skills for presenting to all customer levels, from CTOs/CIOs, to engineering managers and programmers
- Resourcefulness, creativity and strategic thinking for troubleshooting problems
You’ll serve as the owner of the post-sale technical agenda with responsibility for explaining, training, analyzing, and implementing the functional and technical aspects of the solution to customers. Working with customer success managers and possibly other technical consultants, you’ll manage the implementation and post-sale technical customer journey to ensure high customer retention. Connecting the dots between the technical requirements of a project and the business requirements is elemental to the success of this position.
- Work with customers and engineers to assess customer needs and to determine system requirements and solution designs
- Prepare and deliver basic and advanced customer trainings and technical presentations
- Remain current on all service offerings and products within XebiaLabs, as well as within the offering space, in order to effectively frame and architect XebiaLabs solutions
- Develop integrations, plugins, and extensions to the XebiaLabs platform as needed
- Train the customer technical team on proper usage of XebiaLabs platform during the engagement
- Provide feedback to customers in areas of improvement e.g. Test Automation, Infrastructure automation etc.
- Contribute to XebiaLabs marketing initiatives through preparing blogs, updating social media, and designing technical topics
- 50% domestic travel required
A bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field, and five (5) years of progressive post-baccalaureate experience providing information technology consulting services. Experience must include the following:
- Demonstrated knowledge of Agile and Lean methods from the team to enterprise level
- Demonstrated knowledge of DevOps tooling including Puppet, Chef, and Ansible
- Demonstrated knowledge of Integration tools including Jenkins, TeamCity, TFS, Ant, Maven, and Gradle
- Knowledge of CI/SCM tools like: JIRA, GIT, GitHub, Perforce: (SVN)
- Demonstrated experience with the administration and configuration of cloud services, including Amazon (AWS, EC2, etc.), Microsoft Azure, Google Compute, and Openshift
- Demonstrated experience with the architecture and design of Java-based systems and integration with third-party tooling and services
- Experience in deployment to Java/Windows middleware stacks like JBoss, Tomcat, and Websphere
- Ability to install and configure Java/Windows middleware stacks on all platforms
- Ability to write shell/batch scripting with scripting languages including Python and Perl
Please send your resume to email@example.com
Working at XebiaLabs
Full Health and Dental Coverage*
Plenty of Paid Time Off
Latest Mac Laptop
Drinks, Snacks, and Beer Galore
Highly Desirable Salary
*Full Health and Dental for US Office Only