Are you a fan of DevOps, continuous improvement, and big data? If so, you’ll love joining our team as Kafka Data Development Engineer. In this position, you’ll harvest DevOps data flowing through our industry-leading enterprise DevOps platform. You’ll do so in a structured way, processing the data by giving it context and meaning and building analytics capabilities so other teams can build solutions on top of it.
- Setup a structured approach towards data gathering, storage, processing, and reporting.
- Define, design, and build event producers and listeners.
- Process event data by filtering, augmenting, and joining other data sources.
- Store structured data in technologies like Elasticsearch or MongoDB or in a Graph Database.
- Configure and bundle streaming data capabilities (or “Kafka”) as part of a product that will be installed in customers’ infrastructures.
- Deliver an enterprise-class data processing capability that’s scalable, highly available, and observable.
We are looking for someone with the following background and exact or similar technologies:
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in processing of streaming data.
- Deep knowledge of data structuring and storage.
- Experience with Kafka (or comparable streaming solutions) and monitoring/maintaining Kafka clusters.
- Experience with Java, Scala, or S is a big advantage.
- Experience with data storage and analysis solutions: MongoDB or Elasticsearch or any Graph Database.
- Added advantage if you have experience in data visualization.
- Knowledge of modern application deployment options like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience in enterprise DevOps domain.
- Higher vocational or university education, preferably in IT/technical, and the ability to think analytically with a strong focus on results.
- Strong communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills, as well as good written and spoken English.
- Enthusiastic about designing new abstractions and libraries tailored for the task, as well as searching for existing ones.
- Able to explain data streaming technologies and practices to non-data stream colleagues.
- Able to drive change yourself, explaining to other team members where to improve.
- Team-player who thrives in a high-energy, dynamic environment, with experience working in an agile development process.
- Loves to discuss ideas for improving XebiaLabs’ products and processes.
- Self-motivated and self-directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure start-up environment.
- Results-driven: able to deliver the best possible outcome at the right time!
Please send your resume to email@example.com
Delivering software applications to production faster and more reliably has become imperative to the future success of any business. XebiaLabs was founded in the early days of DevOps to help large companies accelerate their software releases more reliably no matter how diverse the infrastructure or how complex the processes.
Top ranked by leading industry analysts, our enterprise DevOps platform has been adopted by the largest and most demanding companies in the world, providing them with the intelligence, automation, and control they need to deliver software faster and with less risk. Our team includes some of the early DevOps visionaries and thought leaders who literally wrote the book on Continuous Delivery. Our industry veterans are passionate developers and enterprise IT pros who know how to connect the dots for enterprise-scale DevOps.
Headquartered in the US, founded in the Netherlands, with additional offices in the UK, France, Germany, India, and Spain, XebiaLabs has been on an exponential growth trajectory, propelled by the excellence of its employees. Join a team of fun and driven professionals as we help shape the DevOps market and develop the next generation of DevOps software!