The Pre-Sales team plays a vital role not only with regard to revenue generation, but also with XebiaLabs’ reputation in the marketplace. We’re the frontline evangelists, the direct line to our customers.
To grow our Pre-Sales team in Germany, we are looking for an experienced Sales Consultant to work together with a team of professional and experienced Sales Consultants and Account Managers. As a technically adept, collaborative Sales Engineering professional, you’ll work with other members of the Pre-Sales team to address the technical needs of potential customers and close new business deals from sales leads. Your technical focus will be on the market-leading DevOps portfolio of XebiaLabs solutions. In this role, you’ll serve as a counselor and adviser to customers and a technical coach to co-workers, providing advice and guidance throughout the sales cycle. Since the Pre-Sales team is responsible for capitalizing on new business leads and opportunities, members of the Pre-Sales team are instrumental to XebiaLabs’ future growth in the region.
Our Ideal Candidate
You’re technically proficient and have the patience and passion to guide customers and stakeholders through all the capabilities of our products and solutions. Whether it’s an initial product evaluation, product demonstration, or addressing technical pain points, you’re willing to listen, ask the right questions, and take the time to provide deep explanations and find solutions where needed. You find a collaborative work environment rewarding yet are equally adept at and content working independently.
As an influential and effective teacher, you are eager to share your knowledge and best practices and to develop and sustain an open line of communication with your supervisor and teammates. If your team members or customers are in remote locations, you are comfortable with travel in order to engage face-to-face.
In Addition, You Have the Following Attributes
- An ability to rapidly understand and translate clients’ business challenges and concerns into a solution-oriented discussion.
- Persuasive communication skills for presenting to all customer levels, from CTOs/CIOs, to engineering managers and programmers.
- Resourcefulness, creativity and strategic thinking for troubleshooting problems.
You’ll serve as the owner of the technical agenda with responsibility for explaining, training, analyzing, and selling the functional and technical aspects of the solution to customers. Working with Account Managers and possibly other Sales Consultants, you’ll manage the technical sales cycle to ensure new business opportunities come to fruition and generate revenue for the company. You’ll proactively engage with customers and prospects to demonstrate our solutions and effectively communicate the key differentiators. To set the stage for successful implementations, you’ll assist customers with initial product evaluations and testing. Connecting the dots between the technical requirements of a project and the business requirements is elemental to the success of this position.
- Plan and modify product configurations to meet each customer’s needs during Proof of Concepts.
- Work with customers and engineers to assess customer needs and to determine system requirements and solution designs.
- Liaise with the Account Team and Service Delivery Team on customer projects.
- Prepare and deliver basic and advanced customer trainings and technical presentations.
- Conduct account reviews and regional sales planning meetings.
- Oversee account penetration by leveraging products and services.
- Remain current on all service offerings and products within XebiaLabs, as well as within the offering space, in order to effectively frame and architect XebiaLabs solutions.
- Contribute to XebiaLabs marketing initiatives through preparing blogs, updating social media, and designing technical topics.
- Act as the escalation point of contact for other team members.
- 50% domestic travel to various unanticipated locations as required.
A bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field, and five (5) years of progressive post-baccalaureate experience providing information technology consulting services. Experience must include the following:
- Demonstrated knowledge of Agile and Lean methods from the team to enterprise level.
- Demonstrated knowledge of DevOps tooling including Puppet, Chef, and Ansible.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Integration tools including Jenkins, TeamCity, TFS, Ant, Maven, and Gradle.
- Demonstrated experience with the administration and configuration of cloud services, including Amazon (AWS, EC2, etc.), Microsoft Azure, Google Compute, and Openshift.
- Demonstrated experience with the architecture and design of Java-based systems and integration with third-party tooling and services.
- Experience in deployment to Java/Windows middleware stacks like JBoss, Tomcat, and Websphere.
- Ability to install and configure Java/Windows middleware stacks on all platforms.
- Ability to write shell/batch scripting with scripting languages including Python and Perl.
Please send your resume to email@example.com
Delivering software applications to production faster and more reliably has become imperative to the future success of any business. XebiaLabs was founded in the early days of DevOps to help large companies accelerate their software releases more reliably no matter how diverse the infrastructure or how complex the processes.
Top ranked by leading industry analysts, our enterprise DevOps platform has been adopted by the largest and most demanding companies in the world, providing them with the intelligence, automation, and control they need to deliver software faster and with less risk. Our team includes some of the early DevOps visionaries and thought leaders who literally wrote the book on Continuous Delivery. Our industry veterans are passionate developers and enterprise IT pros who know how to connect the dots for enterprise-scale DevOps.
Headquartered in the US, founded in the Netherlands, with additional offices in the UK, France, Germany, India, and Spain, XebiaLabs has been on an exponential growth trajectory, propelled by the excellence of its employees. Join a team of fun and driven professionals as we help shape the DevOps market and develop the next generation of DevOps software!