Senior Technical Writer
(Full Time, Engineering – Hilversum, NL)
We are seeking an experienced technical communicator to create and manage content for a growing DevOps platform for release orchestration and deployment automation. As a technical writer, you are curious, organized, and collaborate well with other cross-functional roles in the organization. Your writing style is clear and minimalist – yet detailed where needed. You excel at developing well-written new content and thoughtfully integrating it with existing content, ensuring that the overall content ecosystem remains balanced. You can shift gears from developing task-oriented content to more “under the hood” types of content needed by developers and other technical users. Ideally you are comfortable with Git or similar environments, text-based markup languages such as Markdown, YAML, JSON, and XML, and managing your Agile work using JIRA.
- Work in an Agile development environment to document new product features, working in sprints with teams of developers, UX designers and product managers
- Develop and produce content in a code-y way, managing your content source in Markdown and GitHub and presenting it in a React/GatsbyJS-based web site
- Work at the presentation layer, coordinating with developers to bring public API content to the Web
- Enhance existing documentation by improving content usability, adding examples and tutorials, and incorporating feedback from users
- Improve your skills via knowledge exchange events, monthly tech rallies, and training opportunities
- Create videos that clearly express XebiaLabs’ vision in simple terms, and help customers understand how to use our products
- Familiarity with modern software development practices, such as CI/CD and DevOps (preferably having worked for a company in this area before)
- Minimum 5 years professional technical writing experience in the software industry
- Curious and excited about learning new technologies and tools
- Experience with Git, Markdown, and modern Web development practices
- Ability to create and edit videos, including writing scripts and steps that guide users
- Excellent written English (must be a native English speaker)
- Proven ability to grasp technical concepts and make them easy for different types of users to understand
- Proven ability to quickly react and solve short-term problems while also managing long-term projects
- Ability to gather technical information by talking to development, support, and other teams
- Self-starter who can proactively identify existing or potential issues and take initiative to resolve them
- Team player who thrives in a high-energy, dynamic environment, with experience working in an agile development process
- Enjoy working in an international environment, with people from many different backgrounds
Please send your resume to email@example.com.
Delivering software applications to Production faster and more reliably has become imperative to the future success of any business. XebiaLabs was founded in the early days of DevOps to help large companies accelerate their software releases more reliably, no matter how diverse the infrastructure or how complex the processes.
Top ranked by leading industry analysts, our enterprise DevOps platform has been adopted by the largest and most demanding companies in the world, providing them with the intelligence, automation, and control they need to deliver software faster and with less risk. Our team includes some of the early DevOps visionaries and thought leaders who literally wrote the book on Continuous Delivery. Our industry veterans are passionate developers and enterprise IT pros who know how to connect the dots for enterprise-scale DevOps.
Headquartered in the US, founded in the Netherlands, with additional offices in the UK, France, Germany, India, and Spain, XebiaLabs has been on an exponential growth trajectory, propelled by the excellence of its employees. Join a team of fun and driven professionals as we help shape the DevOps market and develop the next generation of DevOps software!
Working at XebiaLabs
Full Health and Dental Coverage
Plenty of Paid Time Off
Latest Mac Laptop
Drinks, Snacks, and Beer Galore
Highly Desirable Salary
*Full Health and Dental for US Office Only