BOSTON, MA - February 4, 2016 - XebiaLabs today announced record software subscription growth as market demand for its DevOps and Continuous Delivery solutions accelerates. Some of the largest and most successful companies in the financial services, manufacturing, retail and technology sectors have selected XebiaLabs’ deployment automation and release orchestration software to gain full visibility into their software release process, reduce application deployment failures, dramatically reduce deployment times and help them ship better software.
To take advantage of the growing momentum and accelerate growth, in April 2015 XebiaLabs appointed Derek Langone as Chief Executive Officer. The 20-year software industry veteran has held multiple leadership roles in high-growth software companies, including President of SmartBear Software, where he helped the software quality tools provider grow 1,500% in five years while executing four acquisitions. Since Derek has taken the helm at XebiaLabs, the company accelerated its revenue growth and completed the last quarter of the year with 148% growth in subscription bookings.
“XebiaLabs is uniquely positioned to capitalize on the massive shift to DevOps in the enterprise. Our agentless technology allows for automated deployment to mainframes right through to automation of the newest container technologies and on to connected devices. Our focus on data collection and reporting brings insight and actionable intelligence to the software release orchestration process for the first time,” said Langone. “However, the greatest asset XebiaLabs brings to the market is our six years of singular focus guiding the largest companies with the most complex environments across the globe to realize the benefit of DevOps at scale.”
“Rapid software delivery is becoming increasingly business-critical as evidenced by growth and interest well beyond the 'unicorn' phase to a broader, more mainstream enterprise DevOps market,” said Jay Lyman, Research Manager, 451 Research. “DevOps and Continuous Delivery increasingly represent standard practices in the enterprise, but organizations still struggle with complexity, culture and gaining visibility into their process to ensure releases are safe and reliable, as well as fast. Providers such as XebiaLabs sit in between large enterprise users and the expansive array of tools, systems and other software critical to effective DevOps implementations.”
Other XebiaLabs highlights from 2015 include:
- Major customer wins and multi-year contracts from leading brands such as ING Bank, Priceline, Hyundai and many other global financial services, retail, manufacturing, and technology organizations.
- 2015 was marked by product innovation and multiple new product releases. These releases included new features for advanced release orchestration, satellite deployment, and dependency management as well as new dashboards for software quality, which allow teams to significantly simplify the management of large and complex software releases.
- XebiaLabs pioneered release automation with industry-first capabilities to manage the complex dependencies between microservices throughout the application release and deployment process. This capability is becoming crucial with the proliferation of microservices in enterprise application architectures.
- As companies begin to implement Docker and other container technologies at scale, they discover that release management and deployment problems present new challenges. XebiaLabs continued to innovate to help companies manage hybrid deployments and multiple interdependent release pipelines with ease. The company’s tools provide enterprises with much-needed visibility, compliance, security, reporting, auditability, and process enforcement for their container releases.
- To support the growing enterprise demand for cloud solutions, XebiaLabs announced partnerships with Amazon and Microsoft. XebiaLabs was selected to the Amazon AWS DevOps Competency Network and enables Amazon’s CodePipeline users to deploy applications to on-premises and hybrid IT infrastructures. In addition, XL Deploy was accepted into the Microsoft Azure Marketplace.
XebiaLabs received recognition as a key vendor in all major industry reports from Gartner, 451 Research and Forrester Research. The most recent report from 451 research is available for download: resources/analyst-reports/speed-in-growing-devops-deployment-of-applications/.
In 2015 XebiaLabs was also selected as the DevOps and Continuous delivery partner for several recognized systems integrators who are dedicating considerable resources to their expanding Enterprise DevOps practices.
The XebiaLabs team was tapped to share its domain expertise and market vision at scores of DevOps and Continuous Delivery conferences, webinars and other events. It also launched The Periodic Table of DevOps Tools online. Since its launch, the table garnered more than 250,000 unique views and has been used to illustrate the DevOps market landscape at industry conferences worldwide.
XebiaLabs develops enterprise-scale Continuous Delivery and DevOps software, providing companies with the visibility, automation and control they need to deliver software faster and with less risk. Global market leaders rely on XebiaLabs to meet the increasing demand for accelerated and more reliable software releases.
Director of Marketing Communications