XebiaLabs Drives DevOps Innovation Following 2018 $100M+ Strategic Capital Investment
New enhancements and features expand DevOps as Code, accelerate cloud migration, connect IT service management with DevOps, and automate security and compliance
BOSTON, MA – January 30, 2019 – XebiaLabs, the recognized leader in enterprise-class DevOps and Continuous Delivery software tools, today announced that, since receiving a $100M+ strategic capital investment in early 2018, it has added a wide range of new product enhancements that address today’s most pressing enterprise DevOps challenges. These innovations further improve an organization’s ability to quickly and securely migrate to the cloud, connect Continuous Integration and DevOps pipelines, manage DevOps as code, tie IT service management (ITSM) tools into the DevOps process, and meet governance requirements while accelerating software delivery.
DevOps Enables Many Paths to Customer Value
Software development may occur behind the scenes, but its results are very much at the front lines of many businesses as products and services are increasingly consumed online. Companies adopt DevOps because it is inherently about optimizing software delivery to maximize customer value. The way organizations use DevOps to achieve that value, however, is not uniform.
According to XebiaLabs CEO, Derek Langone, “Some companies start DevOps as a broad transformation initiative, but we’re also seeing a growing list of organizations focusing on particular projects, like migrating apps to the cloud, scaling up their use of containers, or integrating compliance and security into the software delivery process. That’s why over the past year, we’ve invested heavily in developing new capabilities that help development teams succeed with these initiatives. Our platform builds in flexibility, so a company can approach DevOps on a project-by-project basis and scale up to an enterprise-wide implementation if and when they choose.”
2018 Product Innovation
The XebiaLabs DevOps Platform allows IT organizations to address their top priorities, from standardizing cloud deployments and scaling containers, to doing DevOps as code and managing security and compliance requirements. In 2018, XebiaLabs further enhanced its acclaimed enterprise DevOps platform in the following areas:
- Scalable, Standardized Cloud Migration—Seamlessly connects Amazon Web Services (AWS) and other cloud platforms to the rest of the enterprise DevOps pipeline. Accelerates and simplifies cloud migration for developers with DevOps as Code and best-practice blueprints for AWS, and allows for a structured software release process that includes governance, compliance, and security requirements. Provides out-of-the-box support for a large number of AWS services (see integrations below). In addition to AWS, the XebiaLabs DevOps Platform integrates seamlessly with many popular public and hybrid cloud services, including Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud.
- DevOps as Code—Allows teams to define deployment packages, infrastructure, environments, release templates, and more as code that can be versioned and stored alongside application code. Also offers a CLI for kicking off DevOps processes and exporting configurations, and provides best-practice blueprints that help developers push an app to production as code.
- Compliance, Security, and Risk—Includes full chain of custody reporting, a new security risk dashboard that combines automated risk assessment with detailed security and compliance information, and at-a-glance compliance overviews that summarize IT governance violations for common standards such as OWASP, PCI 3.2, and CWE/SANS.
- Connecting CI/CD and IT Service Management—Offers visibility and synchronizes data across the DevOps pipeline by connecting issue tracking and ITSM ticketing tools like Jira and ServiceNow, so that user stories and change tickets are always up to date.
- DevOps Pack for Jenkins—Provides everything enterprise DevOps teams need to integrate their Jenkins pipelines with their broader software delivery pipelines and make Jenkins pipeline data available to everyone.
- Scalable Container Migration—Delivers the framework and critical capabilities required for large-scale container deployments, such as standardization of complex software release pipelines and deployment processes; application dependency management; visibility into deployment status across all environments; embedded compliance and security with audit tracking; and management of hybrid deployments across environments. Also integrates seamlessly with Red Hat OpenShift, Kubernetes, and Docker, and is available as a certified OpenShift Docker container in the Red Hat Container Catalog
- Integrations with Cloud, Container, Security, and Compliance Tools—Enhances support for Amazon EC2, Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3), AWS Lambda, AWS Fargate, Amazon ECS, Amazon EKS, Amazon Elastic Container Registry (Amazon ECR), AWS CloudFormation, Amazon Elastic Block Store (Amazon EBS), AWS Elastic Load Balancing (AWS ELB), Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS), AWS CodePipeline, and Amazon API Gateway. Other key integrations include Black Duck, SonarQube, Fortify on Demand, Fortify SSC, Checkmarx, ServiceNow, OpsGenie, Terraform, Cloud Foundry, and Atlassian Crowd.
XebiaLabs continued to extend its leadership position in the enterprise DevOps market by posting record revenue growth for a third straight year. In addition to the business growth, customer acquisition continued to accelerate at a record pace and with marquee customers, such as Amgen, AXA, Bosch, Bpifrance, Maersk, MathWorks, TJX, T-Mobile, and Zions Bancorporation. The company also added offices in Germany and Spain to service growing demand in Europe, and increased global staff by 40%, with a heavy investment in engineering and product leadership.
In September, Gartner, Inc. recognized XebiaLabs as a Leader in their 2018 “Magic Quadrant for Application Release Orchestration” for the third year in a row. XebiaLabs was also named a Strong Performer in “The Forrester New Wave™: Value Stream Management Tools, Q3, 2018,” by Forrester Research and was named a Leader in “The Forrester Wave™: Continuous Delivery and Release Automation, Q4 2018” report.
In addition, the company released new versions of its most popular DevOps resources, including the “Periodic Table of DevOps Tools,” the “DevOps Diagram Generator,” and The IT Manager’s Guide to DevOps: How to Drive the Business Value of Software, by Tim Buntel and the late Robert E. Stroud.
To learn more about the XebiaLabs DevOps Platform, please visit: https://xebialabs.com/products/
XebiaLabs develops enterprise-scale Continuous Delivery and DevOps software, providing companies with the visibility, automation and controlthey need to deliver software faster and with less risk. Global market leaders rely on XebiaLabs to meet the increasing demand for acceleratedand more reliable software releases.
Director of Marketing Communications