The IT Manager’s Guide to DevOps
How to Drive the Business Value of Software Delivery
The promise of delivering better software faster is why so many companies have moved to DevOps. But DevOps isn’t just a “technical thing” that magically leads to success. It takes people, processes, and tools from across the organization seamlessly working together.
This ebook is an update to the popular The Manager’s Guide to Continuous Delivery. A lot has happened in the world of DevOps and Continuous Delivery (CD) since that first publication. Therefore, this book offers significantly expanded, up-to-date information about DevOps and CD, such as:
- The business benefits of DevOps and Continuous Delivery, and the cultural, technical, and process considerations involved in achieving them.
- The stages of Continuous Delivery and how a DevOps platform supports them.
- Designing a Continuous Delivery pipeline.
- Doing Continuous Deployment with containers.
- The essential role of DevSecOps in creating high-quality software.
- Measuring the impact of the development process.
- Scaling a DevOps transformation.
Whether you’re brand new to DevOps or looking to scale, this book helps you create a high-performing organization that drives business value up and time to market down.