The Challenge: Moving Enterprise Applications to the Cloud at Scale
AWS offers access to flexible, scalable cloud-based infrastructure at lower cost. But running enterprise applications in the cloud is only one piece of the puzzle. Development teams also have to consider:
- How can we deploy application code efficiently and easily to AWS resources without manual work and AWS expertise?
- Do we have to maintain a different standard for cloud software delivery pipelines versus those running on-premises or in hybrid environments?
- How do we avoid a proliferation of different cloud configurations that aren’t standardized or version-controlled, and that don’t follow our security and compliance procedures?
- How can we control costs without restricting our Development teams from the cloud resources they need?
- Do we have the cloud expertise we need to architect and manage cloud-based infrastructure effectively?
The Solution: Accelerate Cloud Migration with XebiaLabs
To run applications on AWS efficiently and securely, you need a platform that orchestrates and streamlines the software delivery pipeline. As an Application Release Orchestration and Deployment Automation solution that is top-ranked by industry analysts, the XebiaLabs DevOps Platform provides the extra rocket boost enterprises need to launch their applications from on-premises infrastructure to the cloud quickly and at scale. XebiaLabs connects AWS to the DevOps technology stack by orchestrating all of the build, test, provisioning, configuration management, change management, and deployment tools in your software delivery pipeline.
- Automated software delivery orchestration, environment provisioning, application deployment, and DevOps analytics and intelligence, all optimized for enterprise use.
- Instant application deployment to the cloud and other infrastructures—from mainframes to cloud to container to serverless—through declarative, model-based automation that doesn’t require teams to write or maintain scripts.
- A software delivery approach that fosters collaboration between technical teams who are comfortable in the cloud and business stakeholders who are responsible for non-technical parts of the release process.
- Portable application deployment to the cloud that help teams move applications between cloud providers and between public, private, and hybrid cloud environments.
- Control over cloud usage and support for enforcing security and compliance—without sacrificing flexibility for teams that need self-service cloud capabilities.
- Fully integrated support for all the tools in the DevOps pipeline: AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform, Jenkins, and hundreds more.
- Tight integration with AWS services and built-in best practices, so you can maximize the benefits of AWS right from the start.
With XebiaLabs, you can lift and shift applications to the cloud fast—in an automated, standardized, repeatable way—so your DevOps teams can stop worrying about “making the cloud work” and focus on building value-adding features.
Scale Containers in the Cloud with Minimal Overhead
AWS Fargate lets you run containers in the cloud without requiring you to manage servers or clusters. Teams can package an app in a container, specify a few details about the resources that the app requires, and then launch immediately. Fargate automatically provisions the required resources, and as the application runs, Fargate seamlessly scales infrastructure to run it in a highly-available manner.
With XebiaLabs’ built-in support for AWS Fargate, teams can spin up containers in seconds, automatically, as a part of their release and deployment processes. Create standardized Fargate configurations and share them across teams. XebiaLabs also makes it easy to manage costs by providing visibility on Fargate instances that are ready to be torn down.
The Cloud Empowers Built-in Ops for Dev
It can be challenging for Development teams to design cloud-based infrastructure in a way that scales for enterprise needs. AWS Service Catalog allows operations teams to architect, create, and manage approved cloud configurations that Development teams across the organization can self-service provision as needed. Operations can apply their expertise to infrastructure design and retain control over security and resource usage, while Development can take advantage of the flexibility and velocity of the cloud.
Spin Up in the Cloud with AWS Quick Start
The XebiaLabs Quick Start is your one-stop shop for a secure, highly-available, Production-ready installation of the XebiaLabs DevOps Platform running on AWS. Start your cloud journey with just a few clicks.